Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trying to find it....again

Sometimes I just seem to make messes.

The big wire mess











I feel clueless...and so I go out and buy magazines.

Seeking inspiration










And...nothing happens. I now have a big wire mess and a stack of magazines.

I try to convince myself that my big wire mess is like writing my "morning pages".

Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, stream of consciousness writing, done first thing in the morning. There is no wrong way to do Morning Pages-- they are not high art. They are about anything and everything that crosses your mind-- and they are for your eyes only.

Except - I have not written morning pages in a very long time. Maybe an artist needs to do a daily morning wire mess. Just empty out the brain...waste some wire.

I don't know.

I'm going to eat a breakfast burrito and head out. Look at things. Touch things. Consider things.

Re-fill the well. Let's see what happens.

(Lisa Kewish)

No comments:

Post a Comment