Friday, July 22, 2011

Pieces for week 29: Be The Pebble

I highly recommend the soundtrack from "Black Snake Moan"... some wicked, awesome, fierce Delta Blues will come blaring at you. Perfect for hot summer days and a tall glass of lemonade.

I'm listening to this soundtrack right now...lemonade consumed and ice cubes melting. We don't have a/c here in the house. I'm ok with that. There is something about fake weather that bugs my body. Yes, the heat can be oppressive...yes, I take cold showers...yes, I can get grumpy and enjoy the frozen food isle at Safeway...

Despite all that...I love the "real" feeling of heat...maybe that is why I love the blues. It's "real" music.

Speaking of heat...it's too hot to work in our garage studio.

So, I'm sitting in the middle of two fans and one overhead, playing with leather.

While in Tahoe, our neighbor vendor was "Joe"...a master leather worker. He has an amazing booth...belts, wallets, leather journals, key chains...well...all things leather. He has his work bench set up right there in the booth. Receives shipments of hides every few days... and sits there and makes things of leather.

To make a long story short...Joe began to give us scraps of leather...and challenged us...
"What can you do with this?"
Apparently he has asked other jewelers, and none met his challenge.

Except...he challenged us.

We have already sold one bracelet made of leather...that didn't take long to fly off the shelf!!!

One of my answers is a combination of Joe's leather scraps and a concept I've been thinking of...

Leather bangles with "Be The Pebble" stamped into them...

So many individuals these days seem to be riding the waves of circumstances...play victim. Oh, how we love our victim stories.

"Yes, but I was traumatized as a child..." "Yes, but I was ridiculed and laughed at..." "Yes, but....."

You know...all we need is to make a choice to not be that.
Simple.
You can argue all you want. The more one argues the more I can tell you are attached to your story.

Here's my pebble. I drop it in your little pond...or maybe I am stuck in your shoe (thank you, Tania for that visual!!!)...

Make a different choice.

Be the one who initiates change. Within your self, your circle of influence, your world.
Of course, I am talking about being "positive." Not pebbles of chaos and havoc...

A pebble of gentle ripples and changes.

These pieces are a reminder...and one piece as a message for Norway...

"Peace."


No comments:

Post a Comment