Saturday, March 12, 2011

Piece a Week #10: No Perfect Circle/It's Complicated (by Lisa)

The center piece was once a "perfect" circle.
Then, some news came my way.
The perfect circle had to go.
It seemed to take on the look of a cave entrance...or a gaping hole.
That is how the news I received made me feel...like suddenly I had a gaping hole in my life.

I added chains.Chains are difficult to work with...they tangle and knot up. Like life.

Life is messy and tangled and knots up.

A case of art reflecting life.


(Rest in sublime peace, my friend. You have left a gaping hole in my life...but I will do my best to fill it with beauty, grace and generosity. Those qualities that radiated from your being.)

1 comment:

  1. I love what you said and how you created something so beautiful and unique in honour of your friend. It is even more special being flawed in a way, yet it is not flawed, it is truly an expression.

    ReplyDelete