Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pieces for Week 26: Leafs, Twirls, Roses and not quite matching earrings

I actually have a whole new set of ideas that I am going to work on...eventually - until then I am "practicing" my ideas on these pieces...some seem to be more of the same, when in reality I am trying new and different techniques.

One of my leaves...more layers of hand fabricated silver and copper wire. Tried to place some silver granulation on it...didn't work very well. Photo really does not capture the detail. I'm not going to paint this leaf...leaving it all silver shimmery.
SOLD!

Another leaf. Again, detail is missing. I used a piece of copper scrap to make the large swirl on top. This one has a bail in the back. This may be one of my favorites!

More use of copper scrap to make little roses. I was so pleased with how this came out that I made...

a crescent moon...with a single rose and silver swirls. The rose kinda fell apart when I got the torch going...but I learned from my mistake, and...

This is the result. A single rose made from a thick gauge of copper scrap...silver twirls...I LOVE this piece.

Love this piece so much I put it on...will wear it today while out and about in the world!

Attempt at earrings using this same technique. It is SO VERY DIFFICULT to get earrings to match. I thought that maybe I would just turn these into little pendants, but Josh insisted, "No...they are earrings!"
While I am excited about heading off to Tahoe for a 17-day art and craft show, I am bummed about not having studio time for half a month. That part bugs me... I DID realize that I can take some copper scrap, tools and shears with me to sit and form some shapes...this is a good thing.

Have a fantastic 4th of July! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment